An Indian man said he paid about $4,000 for a bespoke gold face mask to protect him from the coronavirus raging in the country.
The precious metal covering weighs 60 grams (two ounces) and took craftsmen eight days to make, said businessman Shankar Kurhade, from the western city of Pune.
“It is a thin mask and has tiny pores that is helping me to breathe,” Shankar told AFP.
When going out, the 49-year-old said he likes to adorn himself with gold jewellery weighing a kilogramme, including a bracelet, necklace and rings on each finger of his right hand.
Kurhade — whose company makes industrial sheds — said he got the idea for the gold face mask after seeing a media report about a man wearing one made from silver.
“People are asking me for selfies,” he said.
ALSO watch video
- 20 Incredible Animal Facts You’ll Want to Share
- This Jellyfish Never Dies! *Turritopsis Dohrnii*
- 30 fun facts about the English language
- Gold face mask to ward off coronavirus
- Coronavirus Disease 2019: Myth vs. Fact
- The Most Interesting Questions With Their Detailed Answers | Part 2
- Coronavirus Jokes
- 100 Most Influential People In The World